This from my 6 year old today. The child who I taught hard syllables and short vowels to and then discovered her reading A. A. Milne aloud to her younger brother. She has now taught herself to write cursive. Just yesterday we finished her Handwriting Without Tears Printing workbook (she worked on learning lower case last year in kindergarten, had learned uppercase in pre-school). And today she brought me this.

she copied it (by sight, not by tracing) out of her older sister's cursive workbook (skipping the words "found Canada on" in between "Adam" and "the map", but then wrote out the second line in its completion. If all my kids are like this, I'm gonna be out of a job.
2 comments:
The one profession I wouldn't mind being laid off from for a bit every once and awhile. My daughter is like that too and she has taught my little boy not even realizing it! Children have amazing hidden abilities!
oooh, not me! I just can't see it as work, it's the high point of my day. Laundry and housework on the other hand... anytime.
Post a Comment