Tuesday, September 30, 2008

More True Confessions.

A few words of introduction.




I would normally consider myself a fine, upstanding, law abiding citizen. Other times not so much. I mean there are LAWS and then there are GUIDELINES right? Right. Ahem. Here are some fun pics from a crazy spontaneous trip we made down to the river the other day. Don't report us. "No children were hurt or injured in anyway in the shooting of this film, oh and... for the record they *were* shouting "faster! faster!"



Yes. This would be our 5 month old "bungee chorded" to the front of the quad. Don't say I didn't warn you.

That would be me... definitely a passenger =D

That would be Prarie Guy. Since he's driving, he's really ultimately responsible wouldn't you say?
oh, looky here... another passenger. Ain't he a cutie pie...
and another shot of prairie pumpkin because man, he's just so stinkin' cute.
and what's that we're hauling behind us?or should I say "WHO" is that rather.... nice helmets huh?
oops. forgot somebody.
Come on girl, you can do it.
oh girl, I'm so feelin' your pain.
"I ran *that* far??? I rock. Woof."
can you see her??? I have no idea how Ree does her arrows on her pics, or I would... but she's there... well, her eyes, forehead and ears are anyway, right above the middle splash of green leaves and at the bottom left of the shadow. there she goes...
and here we are.
isn't it purdy?
sigh.
Peace out.



14 comments:

Aimee said...

Amazing amazing place that you live in...truly.

Della said...

Hey! What do they expect with gas prices the way they are?!!! People gotta do what people gotta do, right? Right. You're lucky you have a way of transporting your crew! Husband told me the other day he wanted to get a motorcycle. I laughed at the thought of me and him in leather and helmets toting the kids in a side car to the grocery store. I laughed like crazy at your new method of "child restraint"...a bungee cord...GENIUS! Keep on keepin' on, Prairie Chick!!!!

Dawn said...

I love it!!!

Report what? You took all suggestions under advisement, right?

Your part of the world is truly beautiful - so different than Texas. We used to live in northern Illinios, right on the Wisconsin border - a lot of your photos remind me of our drives up into Wisconsin during the autumn season.

Blessings!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

dem crazy canadians...!

looks allot like us crazy hill billies! lOl ;D

Linda said...

You are a girl after my husband's own heart! We regularly ride our bikes along a route where many other "law abiding" (or rather guideline abiding) people ride - wearing their helmets. Not us folks....my husband absolutley refuses. We're the only bare-headed ones out there (well I wear a baseball cap to keep my hair from going haywire) and he loves it!
"Freedom" is his cry!

Leanne said...

Wow, I wish that was what I was doing today! Looks like so much fun!! Leanne

Berry Girl said...

are we hicks or what :) Can't believe you BUNGEED the baby to the front of the quad (lololol) You're awesome.

Joy said...

Okay bungee cording the baby to the 4-wheeler...you just earned way more respect from me! That is too funny..hey a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!
Joy

Anonymous said...

It's a miracle! First your page loaded entirely for me and then the comment box, too! So now I can say that your family is sweet and beautiful, right down to the puppy! And you all have so much fun. And then there's that beautiful land around you. You are indeed blessed.

Susan (who thinks it's really fun to get to say something here today!) :-)

my4blessings said...

Snort! Bungee Baby! You totally crack me up. For what it's worth, O & G have been bungee-ing themselves together in the van and asked the other day if they had to have their seat belts on as well. Um, yeah. I'm not showing them this blog post of yours!

Gorgeous fall photos. Another thought to file for those bleak February days when we wonder why we live here.

Anonymous said...

the grapes of wrath, I mean joy, too cute...are you in Oklahoma or Kansas....not sure from the photos

Tricia said...

What fun and what beautiful scenery! I am sure you all made some wonderful memories!

Blessings!

Linda said...

I LOVE the pics!! The baby bungied to the 4wheeler! WOW!!! I just LOVED the whole thing!!! & to take pics of "the rules" that are posted on the 4wheeler are a riot!! Gotta love it!!

Unknown said...

Sarah, I'm in Canada!