Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pumpkin Spice Latte

1/4 cup pumpkin puree
4 cups milk (the whole-er the better, come on, live a little)
2 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
5 cups STRONG coffee (2 tbs coffee per 1 cup of water)
1 cup half and half or creamer
sugar or splenda to taste
Whipped cream

Brew coffee.
puree milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar and vanilla in blender. (Make sure 2 year old doesn't make it to the blender and turn it on before you get the lid on... like mine did. Uh-huh. One small glitch in an otherwise pretty perfect day.. or maybe that helped make it perfect. You know... perfection is relative. Life wouldn't be perfect if HE weren't here... so I'll wipe up some milky pumpkin puree in honor of his wonderful presence.) Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes or until milk is warm and frothy. Remove from heat. Alternatively you can prepare this mug by mug and heat individually in the microwave (which is what I do).

Pour 1/2 cup pumpkin mixture into mug. Add 2 tablespoons half and half or creamer. Add 1/2 cup brewed coffee. Add 2 to 4 teaspoons of sugar to taste. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg. Enjoy!

Serves: 10 mugs (you can store the extra liquids separately in the fridge and concoct and reheat in microwave as you go)

5 comments:

DayPhoto said...

Oh! This is just wonderful! Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!

LindaGay
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Berry Girl said...

oh my, that sounds delectable.

Dawn said...

This sounds simply delicious! I used to get pumpkin lattes at Starbucks until I tracked my coffee expenses one month. (And, mind you, I only visited a couple times each week.) I was severly convicted by the Lord about the money I was wasting on these overpriced drinks. So, I've gotten pretty good at making some tasty coffees at home. This will be a definite keeper!

Thanks for sharing!

Joy said...

Sounds delicious! Will have to try this soon! Do you can your own pumpkin puree might I ask?

Prairie Chick said...

Sorry Joy, I missed this. This blog was not set to send messages to my email yet. I have not canned pumpkin. I just did this from one fresh pumpkin. I'm not a big pumpkin fan, I can't make a pie that rivals Costco's.... I do have the best intentions to make pumpkin scones at some point though, so maybe I will start preserving it at some point.